Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 23, 2020 at 6:31 am

Well JD has laid down the gauntlet, “if you are not eating the Word of God every single day, your relationship with God is at best anemic or at worst delusional.” Wow pile it on JD, but it is true and if you will start eating the Word of God daily instead of just studying it for information or using it as a daily devotional for inspiration you will thank God for the Word that will be sweet as honey in your mouth. Actually, we need to study God’s Word and devotionals are very helpful in terms of encouragement and inspiration. We also need to eat, ruminate, and digest the word through “Spiritual Reading” or the ancient practice of Divine Reading (Lecto Divina). My favorite book on Spiritual Reading is aptly titled “Eat this Book” by Eugene Petterson the author of The Message. I made this shift years ago and it has made a big difference in my relationship with God and my understanding and application of His Word in my daily life. Every time I stray from this spiritual practice my relationship suffers. I don’t know where he is going with this, but my guess is that tomorrow’s Text May be Revelation 10:10. Can’t wait to hear and see! Have a blessed day everyone.