Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 11, 2020 at 6:30 am

In my experience, our plans do not always line up with our ever changing circumstances. As John Lennon said, “life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.” God’s Will does not change in my view. Our direction changes as our circumstances change and God will direct our steps towards His Will, if we have eyes to see and ears to hear. Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately, He does not give us the whole plan. We know the destination, but we see the path day by day. This is why I don’t believe in strategic planning. It is arrogant for us to plan for the future. The past is gone, the future is not ours to hold, and all we have is today. It is ok to have a plan for the future and goals in life, but these must be loosely held to make room for changing circumstances and God’s direction. We seek confirmation for our next step of obedience not for proof that it is the correct step. Lord may my steps be ordered in accordance with your Word and in alignment with your will for me in Christ.