Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 24, 2020 at 6:51 am

Yep he caught me 😊. I started to do a fly over, skip to the discussion without reading the text because I know it so well, but since I had the audio turned on, I listened to and read the text before turning to his commentary. This is an important principle for reading scripture. And yes, I know this scripture mainly from Funeral Services and sermons on hard times and the valley of death. I think this will be the first time that I have really studied this all too familiar Psalm, so I am looking forward to it. For me, the big idea or take away from the first verse is that our faith is first individual (personal), but it is never private. There can be no our unless there is first a mine and yours. This is a journey we can’t make alone, but it begins with “The Lord is MY Shepherd, I lack nothing.” He is enough for MY every need and He alone is MY Shepherd (Lord and King). We start with mine and yours and build to ours not the other way around. Are you listening church? You make Disciples first and then you get the Church, the Body of Christ. Lord let it be so with me!