Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 5, 2020 at 6:41 am

The spirit of weak resignation is the easier path in the “age of great confusion.” JD says, “The way forward is not to battle with evil, enemies or even well-intentioned opponents who become the unwitting advocates of darkness. The way forward is to deal with God alone in the spirit of deep, strong, uncompromising surrender to him.” Ok I get that, but they still took action to oppose evil. They didn’t kill Moses; they surrendered him over to God, an act of greater faith. So what is my/our struggle with evil in this age of confusion and what should my/our response be? For me, it is my lament and holy discontent with the church (the Body of Christ). How can Christ Followers weakly resign themselves to accept abortion and a long list of other practices, once unheard of, that are now common place. How can we ignore the plight of the poor, the homeless, the orphan, the widow, and the stranger among us while we build monuments and temples for ourselves? My response is the same as before, to trust and obey; to sow for the “Awakening” by making disciples of all people and nations; and to leave the outcome up to God! Lord help me stay this course and to not give into weak resignation or anger and outrage!