Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 6, 2020 at 6:25 am

The Will of God must be executed in the Ways of God. God’s Will implemented wrongly ends up with something other than God’s Will. Two wrongs don’t make a right and the ends do not justify the means. These are worthy guiding principles. We can’t fight evil with evil or we will end up loosing our credibility, our witness, our influence and moral suasion (an appeal to morality in order to influence or change behavior). So how should have Moses confronted the evil he witnessed and intervened in God’s Way? I suspect JD will unpack that for us in the coming days. He might suggest that we combat evil with prayer, love, and kindness (Luke 6:27-35). He might suggest we become the change we desire to see in others (Gandhi). He might say we should confront evil the way Jesus did. But didn’t Jesus drive the money changers out of the Temple with a whip. Didn’t he openly speak out against the religious authorities, hypocrites and those who placed heavy burdens on and persecuted others. All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to remain silent and do nothing. Lord I want to do your will your way. I want to confront evil your way. Teach me Lord!