Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 18, 2020 at 5:36 am

The idea that our ultimate purpose is to worship God and bring Him glory has always troubled me until I realized worship is not what we have made it. As JD says, it’s not what we do on Sunday mornings, although that serves an ultimate purpose. It also not “church” work (programs and activities), these are also penultimate matters. I like the way JD puts it, “To worship God is to orient one’s entire being and life around the presence, purpose and power of the God of heaven and earth, whom to know is to love. It is to live with an open-hearted, single-minded, undivided love for God, his Creation and especially people.” It is to present ourselves as living sacrifices for the sake of others (Romans 12:2). The problem is that we allow the urgent, but not important (the penultimate) to get in the way of worship (the ultimate). We need to prioritize and filter our time and actions to focus on the not urgent, but important (the ultimate) even in the midst of the weeds of life. Lord let it be so with me!