Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 24, 2020 at 7:05 am

I am definitely in the camp of those who believe in free will. Like JD, “I believe God gives people free will and holds them responsible for their choices.” As far as my heart is concerned, I can be very hard hearted (no surprise to anyone here), but in Christ I have a new heart that is softer and more pliable, “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances” (Ezekiel 36:26-27). In Christ, I have also learned to Trust in the Lord with all my heart, and to lean not on your own understanding, but In all my ways to acknowledge him and he directs my path (Proverbs 3:5-6). The key to a softer and more pliable heart is the choice to be in Christ (God’s Hands). It is also important to note that the purpose of a new heart is obedience to God’s Will, His statutes and ordinances (His Ways not my ways). Lord let it be so with me!