Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 25, 2020 at 7:00 am

As the old saying goes, the more things change, the more things stay the same. The pattern of disobedience, suffering, repentance and disobedience runs throughout the Bible. Hard hearted ness and the fear of change are the reasons for this pattern in our relationship with our Creator. The cure is surrender and transformation or adaptive change. We must become new people. So why do we not do this? We fear the transition or that we will loose something in the process. A change theory that I believe in and have experienced is that people will not change unless the fear of staying the same is greater than the fear of changing. That is why it takes a crisis before people will change. It is what Henry Blackaby calls a crisis of faith in “Experiencing God.” The problem is the change is only transactional and the minute the crisis passes we revert back to way we were before and the pattern repeats itself. We need transformational change, which means we have to loose something and we have to give up something. What is it that we have to loose and what do we have to give up? Our lives and our ways. Discipleship is costly, anything else is cheap Grace and doomed to repeat the pattern of disobedience. Lord let it be so with me!