Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 27, 2020 at 7:14 am

This morning I am once again reminded that God speaks to us in a variety of ways. I woke up dreaming/thinking about a new Methodist Movement. I want go so far as to say that I had a vision or that God spoke to me from a burning bush. I am just sharing what happened. As has become my habit and spiritual rhythm, I came downstairs to my quiet place, fixed my coffee and started to read the daily text, but for some reason I opened Facebook first and there was a video from Jim and Jennifer Cowart at Harvest Church. They were offering encouragement and a word of knowledge for people quarantined or staying at home. They shared some verses from Colossians, “So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you; Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity” (Colossians 3:12-14, NASB). Then I open up the Daily Text and JD is quoting, you guessed it, Colossians, “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful” (Colossians 4:2). Then he invites us to have an undivided heart of prayer and watching, and to consider joining him in a 24/7 prayer initiative. So what’s going on here? I think God is using the current crisis to call me/us back to Him and back to prayer and watchfulness. He is also reminding us to remember who we are in Him and how we should behave. Read the book of Colossians and let us know what you think. Grace be with you all!