Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 30, 2020 at 6:26 am

From where I sit, I see several good takeaways from this text. First, “We were made to hear and be responsive to the voice of God.” God created us to follow Him by faith (cloud by day, fir by night). Our faith journey (everyone’s is different, but the destination is the same) is unpredictable (not predestined) and it can not be domesticated, programmed or controlled. It must be lived day by day following God’s lead (cloud by day, fire by night). It is all those things JD says it is, but most importantly once you decide in your heart to take this road “you won’t turn back and you wouldn’t trade it for anything the world has to offer.” Secondly, “this road less traveled” is based on following a person not a set of intellectual principles. The quote from Oswald Chambers puts it best, “Many of us are faithful to our ideas about Jesus Christ, but how many of us are faithful to Jesus Himself? Faith, however, is not intellectual understanding; faith is a deliberate commitment to the Person of Jesus Christ, even when I can’t see the way ahead.” Finally, as I said above, it is unpredictable and uncontrollable. This is very hard for a control freak like me to accept. It requires daily surrender and a conscious releasing of control, and a willingness to step out of my comfort zone and go wherever He leads me (cloud by day, fire by night). It is actually easier in times like these when everything is out of control, so let’s just keep the faith and follow Him. Remember, Be Brave, Jesus Wins!