Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 7, 2020 at 6:29 am

I am not offended, but I am challenged by today’s Text and John David’s reflections. We do have a tendency to compartmentalize our lives and to live from one event or activity to another. God is just one of many things in our life. If you don’t believe me, pull out your calendar for last year. I call it having an agenda or plan and I love it when my plan comes together. As JD says, there is nothing wrong with this in and of itself. We like our routines, but every now and then something like this comes along and interrupts our plans and routines. These interruptions are opportunities to reflect and to learn a valuable lesson. Life in Christ is a matter of order, priority, and obedience. God’s agenda/plan and God’s Kingdom principles (commands, statutes, and ways) must come first. Everything else must flow out of and be in alignment with this otherwise it becomes a distraction or dissipation, which is a sin. I wonder how different our calendars would look if we lived this out. Lord let it be so with me!