Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 8, 2020 at 5:55 am

I do not struggle with the wrath of God and I strongly believe that the Love of God and the Wrath (judgement) of God are two sides of the same coin. You can’t have one without the other. God’s love does not cancel His Truth or judgment of sin. JD says it well, “The wrath of God is what happens when the holy love of God encounters sin. They simply cannot coexist.” What I struggle with is Christ Followers who do not believe in the wrath of God and judgment. This is the age old dilemma of Grace versus Truth. We cheapen Grace when we don’t also accept the Truth about sin and the Wrath of God against it. Christ Followers who continue to knowingly practice sin are not born again and they are not abiding in Christ. “No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God (1 John 3:9). I know this is harsh and goes against the feel good teaching of many in the Church today, but it’s Biblical. Notice that it says practices sin. We are all born into sin, but we have a remedy, repent, believe in Christ, and be born again (receive the Holy Spirit). And when we as Christ Followers sin and we all do, we have a remedy, repent and confess. “If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us” (1 John 1:8-10). This is sanctifying Grace and the process of becoming Holy and pure in Christ. This is God’s love and plan of redemption for us. Lord let it be so with me!