Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 11, 2020 at 7:07 am

This Daily Text is not what I would have chosen for today, especially JD’s statement, “Thank God for Miriam and the women of the Church, who never lost their nerve. As the twelve scattered to who knows where, the women remained. Last at the cross and the first at the tomb, the women were the apostles to the apostles—the first preachers of the gospel.” I will get back to that in a minute. Today is a day of anticipation. We have the luxury of knowing the rest of the story. We are looking forward to Easter Morning when we will shout “He is Risen, He is Alive.” The first Disciples did not know what was next. They were observing the Sabbath without Jesus hidden away in fear. They were not anticipating Resurrection Day. They were anticipating arrest and punishment or at least pondering what are we going to do now. For me, today is a time for reflection before the celebration. I am reminded not of Miram’s Song, but Mary’s Prayer, The Magnificant (Luke 1:46-55), especially verse 46, “My Soul exalts the Lord.” I am also reminded of what Mary said after the Angel Gabriel told her that she would bear the Son of God in verse 38, “And Mary said, “Behold, the bondslave of the Lord; may it be done to me according to your word.” This is my Easter vigil and prayer, My soul exalts the Lord, May it be done to me according to your word! Now as to the women, despite the obvious swipe at men implied in pointing out this fact, what is the significance of this statement? I don’t think Miram or Mary and the women at the Tomb were thinking about this at the time and I don’t think it is something to be reckoned with. There is neither male nor female in the body of Christ, we are all one in Christ.