Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 23, 2020 at 6:34 am

This Daily Text and JD’s proposition that deliverance plus discipleship equals transformation is my ministry and motivation for sharing these Daily Readings with you. Discipleship is essential to becoming a Disciple of Christ and living a Kingdom life. Without it your deliverance has no meaning or purpose and you will remain stuck in the wilderness and disobedience (nevertheless they went out the next morning). My personal experience with discipleship and what I have observed in nearly 50 years of being in Church and over 40 years of teaching adult Christians is that most miss this important step. The church for the most part focuses on worship and service not discipleship. The major focus is on deliverance (salvation) without the required discipleship, which does not result in transformation and obedience. I wish someone had told me this sooner. Attending church and doing church work was not enough for me. It was not until I decided to develop a daily personal spiritual rhythm (the personal practice of spiritual disciplines) and get involved with small group discipleship, especially banded discipleship, that my transformation began. Lord may it be so with you and if I can help, please let me know!