Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 25, 2020 at 6:23 am

Unless you have really, really been thirsty this analogy may not work for you. We take water for granted. Most of us have never wandered around in the desert for forty years. Thanks to the Army and my combat training, I know what it means to be really thirsty. Trust me, you will do a lot more than quarrel to get a drink of water. You will do whatever it takes! I love the reading from John about the Living Water, the Holy Spirit, that Jesus gives us to drink. Those who drink of this water will never thirst again and they will bear fruit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodnesses, faithfulness and self control). Here is the really good news, if you are a born again Christ Follower, you already have the Living Water flowing within you, but in order to benefit from it you have to do whatever it takes to release it. In my experience, that involves total surrender. You have to deny yourself and walk by the Spirit daily. You have to listen to the Spirit and then do what He says. That assumes that you know the Holy Spirit and that you can recognize His voice among all the other voices you hear. That requires the practice of spiritual discipline, which unfortunately many are not willing to do. They are simply not that thirsty. May the Holy Spirit be released! Lord let it be so with me.