Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 9, 2020 at 7:20 am

This is a profound teaching regarding the Laws of God and our behavior as Christ Followers. The Law and our obedience are definitely matters of the heart. It is not enough to follow the letter of the Law. Jesus taught that just because something is not illegal does not make it right. I believe sin and disobedience are a heart problem that can’t be legislated. The Jews had 613 laws to govern their behavior, but Jesus boiled them down to two, really just one, love (love of God, love of neighbor, and love of self). The quote from Ezekiel, “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh” holds the key to our obedience of the Law and our behavior as Christ Followers. The new spirit is the Holy Spirit! We don’t have a law problem or a behavior problem, we have a spiritual heart problem. My concern is when I or others who say they have a new heart and spirit living in them still sin or misbehave. What’s up with this? I have concluded that we either don’t have a new heart and spirit or we have not surrendered to our new heart and the Holy Spirit. I must surrender and become spirit led. Lord let it be so with me!