Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 12, 2020 at 7:05 am

For me, today’s text is about simple faith and scriptural holiness. The Word of God says it, I believe it, I am going to do what it says, and that is that. We make it far more complicated than that. We select for ourselves teachers who dissect, parse and interpret the Word for us. We construct elaborate ceremonies and worship services where we can be entertained and spoon fed. We make our offerings and sacrifices about money and our altar is the church buildings, budgets, programs, and bureaucracies. What the wilderness is teaching me is that we don’t have to have all that to worship and serve God. We just need the word, the Spirit, and the truth. We just need Jesus. Now don’t get me wrong, we need each other and we need to come together to worship and to hear sound Biblical teaching, but the focus needs to be on God and others not us. God has given us three simple, but profound requirements: Act justly, love kindness, and walk humbly with your God (Micah 6:8). Lord let it be so with me!