Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 20, 2020 at 6:58 am

Sin is relational not transactional. It is not about breaking the Law, it is about breaking relationships. When we sin, we break our relationship with God and with others. God died on the Cross so that our sin debt would be canceled and that our relationship with Him and others could be restored and maintained. The transaction (judgment for sin) is fulfilled in Christ, it is finished. What remains is our relationships and His ever presence, “Lo I am with you always, even until the end of the age” (Matthew 28:20). This makes perfect sense to me. Growing up, what I feared the most when I disobeyed my earthly father was his disappointment not the punishment. Our Heavenly Father values our relationship with Him more than our obedience. His love is unconditional! That is what Grace is all about. It is like getting an A for the course before you take the test. Grace is a standard to be lived into not up to. That is why, when others sin and/or sin against me, I offer Grace and Mercy not judgment or condemnation. I value the relationship more than the transaction. To God be the Glory and all the praise!