Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 23, 2020 at 6:12 am

Picking up where I left off yesterday, my first reaction was embarrassment, shame, and anger. They told me that they would allow me to keep my old job and give me time off to go back to school and get my GPA up, but I wanted to tell them where they could put their offer. I was compelled to go to the Church we were attending and go to the alter and cry out. At that alter God met with me and told me to get up, shake it off, and go back to school to get the credentials I needed. I obeyed and it made all the difference in the world. A year later after three quarters of post graduate courses I took the position in Colquitt County that had remained open until I could finish my schooling. That Tent of Meeting led to two other advanced degrees and a 30 year career with the University of Georgia and is the reason I am where I am with the Lord and Life today. There have been plenty of Tent Meetings along the way and I pray there will be many more, but my point is to not wait for a crisis, go into your tent and meet with Him daily and He will change you and your life. Let Him write you story, give Him the pen!