Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 27, 2020 at 8:23 am

Now that my copy/ paste function appears to be working, I will try to recreate today’s comment. There is no question in my mind that I find the compassionate, gracious, slow to anger, loving, faithful, and forgiving God comforting and encouraging. The Holy judging God that punishes the guilty and even punishes their children to the third and fourth generation is frightening and it should be. That is until you realize who the guilty are. The guilty are not sinners, we are all sinners. The guilty are the unbelievers. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God” (John 3:16-18, NASB). The guilty are those who do not believe in the Son of God, Jesus Christ. I find this revelation not only comforting and encouraging, but very motivating. Believers, those whose guilt is hidden in Christ, should not hide or rest on their salvation. They should feel compelled to reach out to the guilty and share the good news of salvation in Christ with them before it is too late. Lord let it be so with me!