Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 30, 2020 at 6:58 am

These two letters “in” are an important distinction and the key to understanding the Gospel and the difference between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant. All the promises of God rest on these two letters. Freedom from sin and death is available only to those “in” Christ. Reading the writings of the Apostles (The New Testament) is where I first discovered this important distinction. The phrase “in Christ” is repeated over and over again. To be in Christ is to have the Spirit of God living in you and for you to abide in Him and Him in you (John 15:1-11). We become one with Christ. Unfortunately, or at least for me, this becoming does not happen all at once. It is a slow and continual process of surrender to and releasing of the Spirit of Christ that lives in me. However, it is comforting to know that He never fades and that there is nothing that separates me from Him. He is always there inside me. He is always with me and if I keep abiding in Him and yielding to Him I will become like Him for the sake of others. Lord let it be so with me!