Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 4, 2020 at 7:32 am

I absolutely believe this. This belief is fundamental to our salvation and to the power to become more like God (Jesus) for the sake of others. I consider the “foolishness of God” to be His greatest act and pure genius compared to ways and thoughts of the world. Because He humbled himself and became both human and divine, we can too. This is why belief in the Virgin Birth is so essential to our faith. Because He died on the Cross and rose again, we can have victory over sin and death. This is why we preach Christ crucified. I think it is also worthy of note that this “message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” This implies to me that our salvation is not just a one time event, but rather it is a progressive process. We don’t just take out a fire insurance policy and then we are done. We have to use the power of salvation to become more like Jesus. We have to work out our salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12). The power of our salvation comes from The Holy Spirit whom we receive when we believe, but we have to trust and obey Him. We have to surrender and release control of our lives to Him. Lord let it be so with me!