Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 8, 2020 at 5:55 am

“The maturity of a person’s faith in Jesus is precisely commensurate with their growth in humility.” This statement is the big take away for me. What is humility? Freedom from pride or arrogance. For a Christ Follower, It is not thinking more highly of yourself than you should and putting the interests of others before your own (Romans 12:3, Philippians 2:4). How do we grow in maturity/humility? Die to self and become more like Christ for the sake of others. As far as the questions are concerned, I find it hard to let go of trying to please or impress others to gain respectability or acceptance. The difference in an American Christian and a Christian American is a matter of order and priority. I am first and foremost a Christian and I try to give the things of the Kingdom of God first priority. I put my identity ahead of my nationality. I have encountered many elitist Christians in my life and I try hard not to be like them, but I am sure that I am guilty of this from time to time. I believe this definition of maturity is spot on.