Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 10, 2020 at 6:09 am

Being in the world, but not of the world is one of the greatest challenges for Christ Followers. The sad fact is that most Christians are immature spiritually by the definition of spiritual that JD presents in today’s reflection. We all fall short of the goal of being like Christ for the sake of others. On any given day, I could rate myself a 1 or a 10. The difference is that I know it and I try daily to be more like Him for the sake of others. I am encouraged by the fact that overall I am much more spiritual now than when I began this journey. By this standard, I would rate myself a 7 or 8. I also take comfort in the fact that, “….He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus” (Philippians 1:6). Spiritual formation and spiritual maturity is the work of the Holy Spirit. It is not a matter of trying harder. It is a matter of spending more time in relationship with Him. We do that by practicing the Spiritual Disciplines and serving Him, by listening to Him and doing what He says. We can nurture our spirit, but it is God that provides the growth. Lord let it be so with me!