Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 14, 2020 at 6:03 am

Besides the contrast between the “God’s grandeur, eternality, and majesty and our own fleeting existence,” I find two other insightful messages in Psalm 90. First, the importance of spending time with God and reflecting on who He is and who I am first thing in the morning. I always get push back on this belief, especially from non morning people, but I remain convinced that it makes a difference. You don’t tune your instrument after the concert or sharpen your saw after you have cut the wood. We need to regain our perspective every day before we face the world or other people. The other insight is that we need to “number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom” (v. 12). Life is short and we need to use the time we have wisely (aright). That’s why I always have a daily agenda or plan that I try to develop with the Holy Spirit first thing in the morning while I am having my first cup of coffee. Some of you are thinking, that your agenda is set by work or family, but within that framework you can still choose your priorities and the Holy Spirit will help you do that if you will start your day with Him. Lord let it be so with me!