Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 17, 2020 at 6:25 am

Today’s Text and reflection is very timely given current events in our community, our state, and our country. We are all not the same, but we are all equal in the eyes of God. He sees no distinction and He shows no partiality. The ground at the foot of the Cross is perfectly level and all our differences have been crucified on the Cross of Christ. Racism is a sin because it violates the work of Christ on the Cross. This may be offensive, but in my Biblical World View, the Black Lives Matter Movement, the Me Too Movement, the White Supremacy Movement, etc, etc, are all forms of systemic racism and all are sin because they are attempts to distinguish one group of people from another and assign greater worth to that group. I believe this is offensive to God. Paul in his letter to the Galatians says, “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus“ (Galatians 3:28-29). To make matters worse, Satan and worldly forces for evil use these groups to divide us and to further their agendas. Having said that, don’t miss the point that “Becoming a real Christian means bringing everything that once distinguished us and divided us from other people under the cross of Jesus where it can all be transformed into the creativity of holy love— the means by which we can uniquely give ourselves for the sake of other people for the glory of God.“ Therefore, I don’t support these movements, but as a Christ Follower I don’t hate anyone and I am willing to offer them Holy Love and forsake myself for their sake in order to glorify my God. What does that mean in practice. It does not mean taking a knee or prostrating myself to these groups or their causes. It does not mean approving of or supporting rioting, looting, burning and destroying private property. It does not mean harming or murdering others. It does not mean defunding the police or the rule of law which is ordained by God. What it means is calling out injustice and inequality wherever it occurs and being like Christ for the sake of others, “ 1Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, 2make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. 3Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; 4do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others“ (Philippians 2:1-4). Lord may it be so with me and may God heal us of all racism, hatred, injustice, and inequality, and may we all be one in Christ!