Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 20, 2020 at 6:14 am

First, let me say a word of welcome to the two newest members of this Family Daily Text Reading Band, Michelle and Logan! May the reading of God’s Word and the meditation of our hearts and minds bless you beyond your wildest expectations.

As they say, this Text will definitely preach. Accepting the sovereignty of God and having an unwavering trust in Him is fundamental to a way of life in Christ. I didn’t start out that way and I have not completely arrived, but I can honestly and humbly say that I live my life this way. The first step is accepting that yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not ours to hold, all we have is today, so plan accordingly. Secondly, God is in control and His plans, His will and His ways are far better than mine, and that I will make my plans and yield my plans to Him (unwavering trust). The final step in this way of life in Christ is to pray before you act or plan not after the fact. I often pray, Lord, all I want is your will nothing more. nothing less. Lord let it be so with me! P.S. In my view, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, and even pandemics are neither acts of God or Satan. They are acts of nature in a fallen and broken world. The rain falls on the just and the unjust alike. What makes them an act of God or Satan is how we respond to them.