Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 23, 2020 at 6:38 am

There is a lot to unpack and consider in today’s text. I agree with JD that it is all summed up in the last verse, “And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God”(v.11). The key words for me are “you were.” This implies a before and after. Before we were sinners separated from God by our sin. Now we are sons and daughters washed by the blood of Jesus, justified, and sanctified in His name by the Holy Spirit. By God’s Grace, we have already inherited and entered the Kingdom of God here and now on earth. What remains is how we live out our new way of life in Him. Do we continue to sin and remain children or do we put away childish things and become mature adult followers of Christ through the sanctifying (transforming) power of the Holy Spirit that now lives in us. Your decision does not change your new status or you final destination, but it makes all the difference in the world in terms of the quality and joy of your journey and more importantly in the journey of others. That is why we say, we are becoming more like Jesus for the sake of others. Lord may it be so with all of us!