Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 24, 2020 at 6:42 am

Paul has gone from preaching to meddling. We are like the Corinthians, we don’t like it when someone interferes with our right to do anything we want. We also like to separate the physical from the spiritual. Buckle your seat belts because as a Christ Follower you can not do anything you want to do and your bodies are not your own. You have been bought with a price. Furthermore, there is no separation between our mind, body and spirit. We are to love God and others with our whole being. Because God gave us free will, we can actually do anything we want, but not all things are profitable and not all things honor and glorify God. Sexual immorality of any kind is not permissible or profitable for Christ Followers and it definitely does not honor or glorify God. The scriptures define the boundaries or guard rails of our life in Christ. We can ignore them, but we can’t escape the consequences. Let me be clear, because of God’s Grace you are saved from the wages of sin, separation from God and eternal death, but not from the earthly consequences, and you dishonor your salvation and God when you continue to sin. Therefore, put on your track shoes and flee from all sin, especially sexual immorality.