Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 27, 2020 at 6:48 am

This is best interpretation of today’s text that I have ever heard. I have experienced exactly what JD describes and thank God the Holy Spirit and wise counselors encouraged me to bloom where I was planted instead of pursuing another station in life. I have long been an advocate of mobilizing the Laos (people of God ). The clergy/laity divide is one of the biggest reasons the church has largely failed its mission on earth. As Christ followers, we are all ministers of God’s reconciliation and ambassadors for Christ. We are all commissioned to be Disciple Makers and we all are responsible for sharing the hope we have in Christ in what ever state we were called to be His holy people. This is not to take away from the role of elders (spiritual leaders) in the church. Coaches are important roles in the game, but their role is equipping not playing. I also believe you should not have to go Seminary or be ordained to fulfill that role. That requirement is not Biblical, it is denominational. The big take away from today’s text and my personal challenge to you is get in the game right now, right where you are. Time is short and we need more laborers in the fields!