Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

June 29, 2020 at 6:03 am

This is a great teaching on “Christian” marriage. God has blessed me with two Christian marriages in which, for the most part, there was and is “undivided devotion” to the Lord. I have learned a great deal about marriage from that experience, but the big takeaways for me are: there must be undivided devotion to the Lord regardless of wether you are married or single; marriage and singleness are equally honorable ways of life, but if you are single you must remain celibate and if you marry do not be unequally yoked. Since I have been married most of my life, I can not speak to undivided devotion to the Lord in singleness, but I have had a great deal of experience with the challenge of undivided devotion in a Christian marriage. Here is what I have learned. The Lord has to be first in your life in order to make your spouse first. You must guard your heart against distractions. The biggest distractions can be work, children, and church work. Your devotion must always be to the Lord and your spouse first, then your children, then to the Church.