Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 5, 2020 at 5:26 am

“Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts” (vv. 7–8). Today’s text is a good word for today’s circumstances. The Israelites became distracted in the wilderness by their circumstances, they harden their hearts, and were disobedient. As a result of their harden hearts and disobedience, they did not enter into God’s rest. Hebrews 3&4 warns future generations of believers about the same thing. If you are a believer, you will hear His voice because His Spirit lives inside you. If you harden your heart and do not do what the Spirit tells you to do, you will not enter into His rest, you will not have His peace that surpasses all understanding. What is His voice (word) saying? Fear not for I am with you until the end of the age. Trust me, I have done it before, I will do it again. Think not only of your interests, but of the interests of others and consider them more important than yourself. Act justly; love mercy and kindness; and walk humbly with your God. Lord let it be so with me!