Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 12, 2020 at 6:21 am

The body does give us insight into our relationship with Christ. Christ is the head of us and the Church as the head is to the body. But in my reflection the Holy Spirit led me to focus on JD’s statement that “This text reveals to us the true nature of our relationships with one another: connected, interrelated, seamlessly put together with incalculable diversity and indivisible unity.” “There are many parts, but one body” (v. 20). The parts are not just different in function. Some are: weaker, less honorable, and unpresentable. Paul does not identify these parts, but says they are indispensable, worthy of special honor, and are to be treated with special modesty. Who are these parts? Are the young and immature the weaker parts. Could the less honorable be those who are just spectators (pew sitters). Are the unpresentable those who don’t look or act like me. God has put the body, the church, together giving greater honor to these, what’s up with that? Why? so that there would be no division in the body, but that all the parts (members) would have equal concern for each other. No divisions and equal concern, what a great word for today’s church and the world we live in.