Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 16, 2020 at 6:25 am

JD has asked us this question before. Why do we gather and why do we put so much emphasis on preaching and singing? The current prohibition of large gatherings has helped me to see why it is important that we gather in person in both small and large assemblies. We need each other, we need the social interaction, and we or at least I need physical touch. We need corporate opportunities to praise God; give thanks; repent and ask forgiveness; and to hear sound Biblical Teaching. Worship is not about gathering together for preaching and singing, but we need to gather in order to worship (to be scattered). Where we make a mistake is in thinking that just because we have gathered to sing a few praise songs or just listen to the professionals sing (perform) as many do, and then hear someone else preach the Word of God (the Truth) that we have worshiped. We know that real worship is presenting our bodies as living sacrifices in the world 24/7 (Romans 12:2). We know that “God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth” (John 4:24). That should happen when we are gathered and when we are scattered. Worship is not what we do on a given day at a given hour. Worship is a rule of life. Lord let it be so with me!