Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 22, 2020 at 5:48 am

I like to begin with the beginning and in the beginning there was God. JD is spot on, “The gospel begins with God, who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, a triune community of holy love, who existed before time and exists beyond time and who will exist eternally after time ends. The gospel begins with perfect love in the perfect union of a God who is three in one. This is very, very good news.“ The question of what is the Gospel is also very important in my view and we should all be prepared to share it. Paul makes it clear, the Gospel is, “Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.” So we have the when and the what, but JD’s last question is the most important, what will it take for the Gospel to have more power in our lives? I think the key to the answer to that question is, “according to the scriptures.” In the beginning was God, according to the scriptures, Christ died for our sins and was raised from the dead, according to the scriptures. We must order our thinking and our actions, according to the scriptures. Lord let it be so with me!