Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 28, 2020 at 6:29 am

I am very familiar with this research and it is illustrative of my Holy Discontent with the current state of Discipleship in the church. Only 11% of Christ Followers are engaged in sanctification, the second part of the Gospel, and less than 1% reach the point of profound love of God and others (The Great Commandment). Where are you on this spiritual continuum and what will it take for you to profoundly obey the Great Commandment? I think the key is in the Text for today, He who began a good work in you will complete it. We can’t will or make ourselves grow spiritually, that is the work of the Holy Spirit. All we can do is surrender (release) control of our life to the Holy Spirit. So how do we do that? We listen to the Holy Spirit and we do what He says do. So how do we do that? Well if you read today’s text and you listened to what JD was saying you have taken the first step. We listen to the Holy Spirit by personally practicing the spiritual disciplines, reading and studying the Bible, prayer and fasting, worship, etc.. The second step, obedience, is harder and it is where I stall or falter and based on the research it is where most people stop. Blessed are those who hear the words of a God, but more blessed is he who obeys my words (Luke 11:28). What I am learning is that the more you obey, the easier it gets. Regardless of where you find yourself on the ten steps of transformation, listen and obey, take the next step and He will be with you all the way. Lord may it be so with me!