Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

July 30, 2020 at 6:13 am

In my experience Holy Discontent has two dimensions. The first is a Holy Discontent with my personal relationship with God. I am not where I need to be in terms of my relationship and my behavior. This is very often a quiet personal desperation that we don’t want to talk about, which is part of the problem and why we need a band of brothers or sisters that we can trust to hold us accountable for doing something about it, but that is a topic for another day. This type of Holy Discontent is a good sign and is the first step towards becoming more spiritually mature (the second half of the Gospel).

The other type of Holy Discontent is with my ministry. We are all ministers of God’s reconciliation and ambassadors for Christ. How’s that going for you? Are you content with your ministry, your mission, your purpose or have you become distracted by the world or “church work.” This type of Holy Discontent is also a good thing. If you are not discontent with your ministry, you probably don’t have one or you are not doing enough. Holy discontent with our reason for being can help us focus and prioritize of efforts.

So my loved ones, How is it with you Soul, How is it with your ministry?