Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 6, 2020 at 5:24 am

Genesis 1:26 settles this notion of God’s humanity for me. It says, let us (God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit) create them (us) in Our image, in Our likeness. Therefore, God’s humanity proceeded ours. As image bearers, we bear his image and likeness. We make a big mistake when we try to recreate God in our current image. The problem is our current fallen image is not like that of God. God came in the flesh and the Word became flesh to show us what we are supposed to look like, our created image. The more we become like Jesus the more we become like God and the way we were created to be.

As far as transactional salvation is concerned, we know that does not work. Salvation is not a single event or a transaction, it is a transformational process of being re-created into God’s image. It’s not about what we do, but what He did for us before we even knew Him. It is about what He can do through us if we believe and surrender our life to Him. In essence, we give our life back to him and we allow Him to re-create us in their image. Lord let it be so with me!