Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 18, 2020 at 6:08 am

One of the reasons John 3:16 is so well known and liked is that it settles the issue of judgment and condemnation once and for all. Those who believe in Christ are spared judgment and condemnation, and they receive eternal life. Those who don’t are already judged and condemned, and they do not receive eternal life because they do not believe in Jesus. The beauty of 1 John 3:16 is that it holds the key to the joy of our salvation. If we want to escape judgment, condemnation and eternal death, we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior. If we want to know the love of Christ and experience the real joy of our salvation we have to love others as He loved us. The reason we don’t do that is that we are not willing to die for the sake of others. We are selfish. We insist on getting our own way; we are not willing to put the interests of others first; we are not willing to sacrifice for the sake of others. Joy is not found in accepting God’s love, but in giving it to others. Lord let it be so with me!