Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 22, 2020 at 6:15 am

I believe that if you are truly born again then you have the gift of God. The Holy Spirit (the Spirit of Christ) lives in you. Unfortunately, many never really get to know the person of God that lives within them and they constantly thirst for more. They run from one religious program or activity to another in search of Him. They seek manifestations of the Spirit more than the Spirit himself. I know the person of the Holy Spirit because I have spent a great deal of time cultivating a relationship with Him, but I am certain there is more that I could know that I don’t know now, especially related to the healing power of the Holy Spirit.

In my experience, getting to know the Holy Spirit is less about striving and more about releasing or surrendering to the Holy Spirit. I think this is where we get the saying, “just let go and let God.” I also think there is something about sharing or testifying to the Spirit that lives within us that helps us get to know Him. The lyrics to the Casting Crowns worship song Thrive says it well, “just to know you more and to make you known.” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ71RWJhS_M).