Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 23, 2020 at 6:04 am

If you think you can hide from God, you are just fooling yourself. God is all knowing and ever present. If you are born again, His Spirit lives in you. I find it helpful to remind myself of that when I am by myself and think nobody can see me. God sees all and knows all. He goes where we go, so be careful with what you say, what you do, and where you take Him.

I really resonate with the idea that “Pride and shame are two expressions of the same thing: brokenness.” Only Jesus can take away our brokenness. In Him there is no need for shame or pride.

I identify more with Nicodemus not only because I am a man, but because of my education and intellect. Early in my walk with God, I was told that my intellect and education was a barrier to knowing God. Heart knowledge is all that I needed and I needed to denounce my intellect. Later, I learned that this was a false teaching. God gave us a mind and He expects us to use it. Head knowledge and book learning by itself is insufficient, but the combination of heart and head knowledge of God is a powerful instrument for understanding. It drives our behavior and our actions (our hands and feet). It is what ignites my faith into service for the Kingdom.