Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 30, 2020 at 6:43 am

This text refers to two resurrections, one to life and one to death. The deciding factor is hearing and believing. Those who hear the word (Jesus) and believe are resurrected to life. Those who do not, remain dead and are resurrected to death. This applies to the present and the future. The Gospel is both now and yet to be. This is why it is so critical that everyone hear and believe in Jesus Christ and the one who sent Him, our Heavenly Father. It truly is a matter of life and death. That’s also why it is important for us to tell others about Jesus, for how will they hear unless someone tells them.

As far as hearing and seeing versus reading and thinking is concerned, I don’t view them as either or. I believe reading and thinking is what leads us to hearing and seeing. That’s why I think reading the Daily Text (scripture) and reflecting on it’s meaning and application is so important to our spiritual growth and understanding.

Finally, most of us tend to view eternal life as a reward we receive after we die. Jesus teaches us that He came to give us an abundant life now. I know from personal experience that there is a lot of heaven on the path to heaven, if we will read and reflect, hear and believe, and trust and obey Jesus. Lord let it be so with me!