Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

August 31, 2020 at 6:23 am

I consider the “Old” Testament to be pointing the way to Jesus (concealed) and the “New” Testament to be Jesus revealed. I think it is unfortunate that we have adopted the terms old and new. It fosters the idea that one is past tense and has been replaced by something new. I prefer to refer to the Old Testament as the Hebrew Writings and the New Testament as the writings of the Apostles. Both are essential for understanding and grasping God’s message of reconciliation and love, which is personified in the person of Jesus Christ.

The Bible is just a book, albeit the best seller of all times. The Scriptures/Jesus (the living word) existed long before the book was spoken or written down by man. However, the Bible is unique in that it is divinely inspired and it must be spiritually discerned because God is Spirit. This is why just reading and studying the Bible is not sufficient. You must have eyes to see and ears to hear and you can only get those from a personal relationship with Jesus. When you accept Jesus as your savior, you receive the gift of the Holy Spirit who teaches you the scriptures (new and old) which are all about Jesus and His mission on earth and in Heaven. Through reading the Bible with spiritual eyes and ears you come to know Him as Lord and you are transformed into His likeness. Lord let it be so with me!