Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 11, 2020 at 6:56 am

What I want to know is why Jesus changed His mind? Earlier, He said that He was not going because His time had not come, but He goes and begins teaching in the Temple. Not exactly an undercover operation. We don’t know what He taught, but it must have been profound for they were amazed at His teaching. They wondered how an uneducated man could teach with such knowledge (learning). His answer was that His teaching was not His, but from the one who sent Him. He always raised up the one who sent Him, God the Father. We would do well to remember that when we teach. The one who sends us is Jesus Christ, the Son of God. We need to raise Him up whenever we teach.

As far as the analogy over an undercover boss goes, I can see that in Jesus’ teaching. You see me, but don’t know me or the one who sent me (my paraphrase of V.28). The thing to remember is that He is always there and He is always watching to see how we treat others. I personally think He could care less about the mechanics or forms of our worship. He wants to see our love for Him and one another, especially the lost, the least, and the last. It is by this that we will both know and be known. Lord let it be so with me!