Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 14, 2020 at 5:58 am

There are two things that strike me as significant in today’s text. The first is Jesus’s invitation to anyone who is thirsty to come to Him and His promise that from those who believe in Him will flow rivers of living water. Most of us have never been really thirsty, but if you have, you know that you will do anything for a drink of water. I think that is why a lot of people don’t respond to Jesus’s invitation. They are simply not thirsty. I also find it interesting that when we respond to the invitation and come to Jesus, the living water flows out of us. We become vessels of living water for others. If we truly believe there should be an overflow!

Secondly, in verse 39 it says, “He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.” For us today, Jesus has been glorified. Therefore, it is His Spirit we receive when we come to Him and truly believe. It is the Spirit that flows in and out of us like a river of living water. Let us release the flow of living water within us for the sake of others. Let us make Him known by our love for Him and others!