Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 20, 2020 at 6:05 am

There is a big difference between knowledge about Jesus and knowing Jesus. Some refer to this as head knowledge versus heart knowledge. You can know the facts (information) about Jesus, but do you know Him as a person and do you have an intimate personal relationship with Him that transforms you. I know lots of people. I know their names and I know a lot about them, but I don’t really know them and they don’t change who I am. The only way to get to really know someone intimately is to spend a lot of time with them; to do life with them; to be with them in the best of times and the worst of times.

Since Jesus is not here in the flesh, He is in Heaven at God the Father’s right hand, how can we have an intimate personal relationship with Him. The only thing I can come up with is that we must be born again. We must get to know the Holy Spirit who lives within every born again believer. This ought to be easier since He lives in us, but for many it is not. My relationship and knowing of the Holy Spirit/Jesus/God is the product of the personal practice of the Spiritual Disciplines, especially reading and studying God’s Word, prayer and meditation, journaling, and worship both corporately and individually. We each have to develop a personal and sacred spiritual rhythm for our daily lives. That involves a lot more than going to church on Sunday, doing good deeds and trying to be a better person. If you need help with finding your personal spiritual rhythm, I would be glad to help you.