Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 24, 2020 at 6:38 am

For me, the big idea from today’s text is that: “everything that happens is not God’s Will, but God has a Will in and through everything that happens.” The belief in Karma or fatalism is a tenet of Buddhism and Hinduism. Christianity and belief in God’s supernatural Grace (God’s Riches at Christ Expense) crushes this belief. To be clear, there is cause and effect in nature and the choices we make do matter. If you step out into oncoming traffic you most likely will get run over and if you smoke you are much more likely to get cancer or lung disease. However, because of God’s Grace and supernatural power this is not always the case. Note: do not try this at home or test God on this belief.

Because of sin we live in a fallen world where bad and good things happen to bad and good people alike, just as the rain falls on the just and the unjust alike. We are really all the same, bad/sinners living in a sinful world. So what makes the difference? Jesus makes the difference. Those who believe in Him have overcome sin and the sinful world we live in. Therefore, everything that happens to us in Jesus is an opportunity for His glory. No matter wether it is a miraculous healing, protection or provision or wether it is death, suffering or loss, we win. That is why we can rejoice and give thanks in all things for this is God’s will for us in Christ Jesus (1 Thessalonians 5:18).