Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 28, 2020 at 6:37 am

Dear friends and family, I have noticed that no one has commented or shared their reflections on the Daily Text and that is ok, but I just want to check in and make sure you are still reading. Please let me know via e-mail dpmillsjr@gmail.com if you want remain in the Reading Band and what I can do to make this experience more useful and meaningful. Blessings, David.

As far as today’s text, I know it is said that the love of money is the root of all evil, but I think the assumptions we make can also be a bitter root of evil. I know that I make assumptions that lead to judgment and condemnation, and if I am not very careful they can lead to gossip and slander. Thankfully, I have the Holy Spirit and Ann Mills 😊 ❤️ to hold me accountable when I make unfounded assumptions and become judgmental and condemning.

The issue of judgment is a slippery slope under any circumstance, but especially when based on unfounded assumptions. Many Christians, including myself, prefer to shy away from judgment. I will often quote Billy Graham and say that I leave the judging up to God; the conviction of sin up to the Holy Spirit; and I just focus on loving others. That is really good advice, but I am not sure it is Biblical. A careful reading of the Scriptures and the full counsel of God’s Word supports judgment of believers, in my opinion. However, the judgment is not of the person, but of their behavior or actions. If we don’t judge the behavior and actions of believers, starting with our own, then we end up with tolerance of all behaviors and actions and that is clearly not Biblical. We are admonished to judge wisely and justly with Godly discernment not based on false assumptions. Lord may it be so with me!