Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 29, 2020 at 6:23 am

This is the introduction to the parable of the Good Shepherd. In this passage, Jesus is explaining that the Good Shepherd enters only by the sheep gate, which is controlled by the “gatekeeper” who is God the Father. Any one else that attempts to shepherd God’s Sheep has to enter another way and is a thief and a robber. I would add that they are actually wolves 🐺 in sheep’s clothing seeking to lead the sheep astray. This is a good word for any who would seek to shepherd a flock. In the passages to follow we will see that Jesus is also the door of the sheep. He is not only the only Good Shepherd, he is the the only way into the sheep fold.

I don’t have a problem with there being only one gate and one gatekeeper. I actually take comfort in that fact. Nor do I have any problem with Jesus being the only good Shepherd and the only door to the fold. The Pharisees had a problem with this because it questions their control and authority. Our culture has a problem with this because it seems intolerant and unfair to other faiths. As a Christ Follower (God’s sheep), you will know this is true because you have heard the Good Shepherd’s voice and you are following only Him. You will be compelled to tell others because you want them to join you in the sheep fold. If not, then you are not a sheep 🐑.