Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

September 30, 2020 at 5:59 am

I get the connection between Jesus as the Good Shepherd and the 23rd Psalm, but I am struck by verse 16 in Today’s Text, “I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear my voice; and they will become one flock with one Shepherd (NASB). Who are the other sheep?

Jesus is talking to the Jews and Jewish believers, so I think it is very likely that He is referring to non-Jews or Gentiles. Jesus is the Good Shepherd of all people and His desire is to bring them all into the fold (The Kingdom of God). In His absence, He has commissioned us as His Followers to bring them into the fold. He could also be simply referring to believers and non-believers. Either way it is His desire that we become one flock with one Shepherd.

That means that the division between Jews and non-Jews must be healed. I think recent events show us that this is beginning to happen. I am not talking about one World Religion, I am referring to ecumenicalism, world wide Christianity. Unity is God’s Will for all His Sheep. This may be offensive to some, but the Gospel is offensive and revolutionary. This will not happen without great tribulation and radical change, but it will happen. Lord let it be so!